DIY Crocheted Yarn & Chain Bracelet

Love ARM PARTY-ing? Yes please!

Today I am going to show you how to make a bracelet out of yarn and small chains. If you are a crocheter like me, you probably have a lot of leftover yarns. I have seen crafters use both yarns to make something so I figured I can use anything! And I love chains, I love incorporating chains in any of my jewelry. I have been imagining how it will look like to crochet yarn with chain to make a fab bracelet out of it! So now you will see how mine turned out and you can try it too.

Disclaimer: I haven't seen anyone do it before in the internet so I may be the first or I maybe not. This is an imagination I had for the last few days because anything is possible if you believe! Hehe. :)

So anyway, this is a very simple DIY -- we will just use chain stitches. What I love about it is it can stretch (thanks to the yarn) a little bit even if I have a toggle clasp in. I could just close the toggle clasp then just ease my hand through it but that's because I have small hands (you can totally do anything you want). Plus, you can give this as gifts to friends and family. How awesome is that!

Here's what you'll need: 
1. Yarn (color of choice) - You can use any type, in this Tutorial I used Red Heart worsted weight yarn. The mint green one was a sports yarn.
2. Chain - I got mine for a dollar at Wal-Mart.
3. Crochet hook - I used a J hook for small chains and for the big chain as seen in the orange bracelet I used an N hook.
4. Jump rings
5. Craft glue - I'm using Aleene's Tacky Glue ($0.97 at Wal-Mart)
6. Toggle clasp or any lock of choice
7. Bead and headpin - I used mine for added weight and design! :)
8. Long nose pliers and wire cutter

I don't have pictures of step by step so please refer to the video below. I assure you its very easy. :)

DIY Crocheted Chain and Yarn Bracelet video


PICTURES:







XOXO
Godbless
- Gift Princess

0 comments:

Sleuth My Blog!

Total Pageviews

Translate