Grammy Blick: Beginning with Adam, they left their original homes.

From the desk of Grammy Blick

Throughout our Bible there exists stories of people who begin in one place, then are displaced and move to another. It often appears those are the most interesting of stories -- Adam. Cain, Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Moses -- the entire nation of Israel!! Ruth, Esther -- even the ladies find themselves leaving home and moving on to new places, new faces.

Ours is considered a very mobile society. A very dear friend of mine was born in New Zealand, lived in Australia, Texas, various European countries, Bahrain and retired to Spain. Out of the ordinary? Not really. I also know a couple born and raised in Africa, called as missionaries to England, visited the United States for deputation and are now in Cornwall.

As with Adam, some people are forced to leave their homes through their own actions. As with Joseph, some are forced to leave through the actions of others. Still others make a specific decision to leave their home to create another elsewhere. Each story (then, now and all in between) is unique and open for study.

But there is one home to which we all must decide, alone, whether we move to it -- or not.
The Bible tells us in John 10:27-28 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."

We're back to the simplicity of the Bible, as written in John 3:18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Once we understand the choice, we make it. If we say Yes at our first opportunity we are fully blessed. But most of us say No by keeping very still during an invitation, and we do it far more than once.

It speaks to the greatness of our Lord's mercy that if we refuse to accept His gift of life, He does not remove the option. I am so grateful for that! Although I was young when choosing eternal life with Jesus, I did wait past the first time I understood I should. If you have, too, don't continue to wait -- come home to Christ, eternally.

0 comments:

Sleuth My Blog!

Total Pageviews

Translate